Why your should invest in infographics and data visualization.

Published by George Klitou on

Data is taking over our lives. It’s all over, anywhere we look.

It is estimated that 94% of all data available is stored in digital format. The rest 6% comes from printed material. Amazingly 90% of all data ever produced has been made only the last two-three years years! Everybody is producing data daily in thousands of ways, by spreadsheets, blogging, articles, online publishing, Facebook posts and Instagram posts. Our lives have changed with this amount of data passing through our eyes every day. Our attention span has been decreased to 8 seconds.

Infographics and data viusualizations have become a great marketing and communication tool.

 

Inevitably we have become more picky when it comes to choosing where to focus and what to read. Nobody really enjoys going through a boring bunch of numbers on a spreadsheet.

 

The same applies when it comes to advertising. If the design is not pleasant and simple to go through, people are discouraged to read any details, plans , proposals and offers.

 

Data visualization and infographics.

Our brains process visuals 60.000 times faster than text alone. Infographics and data visualizations or  are very popular and the reason is clear. It the best way to present large amount of data (spreadsheets), startup ideas, raise awareness, and expand on a topic. A very efficient way to explain, inform and educate people on a matter. Visualizing your content and data is a key way to grab attention and keep your audience focused.

In addition you have the opportunity to entertain the reader through you visual and enjoy the reading. Infographics are a great tool to tell a story. You can turn any kind of boring information into a visual that our brains can understand easy any remember in the future.

The real benefit is not only you get attention through the visuals, but studies showed also that presenting data in this format makes it easier to recover the information in the future.

Data visualizations:

Simplified and well-presented charts, maps and can be interactive as well. Aim to present bid data in simple forms so is easy to make comparisons and conclusions.

Infographics:

Visuals that combine text and graphic elements to create an engaging story, inform, educate on a matter and can be easily understood from an average individual who has no previous experience or knowledge on the subject.

 

unemployment in Cyprus

 

 

How you can use inforgaphics to promote your purpose and brand.

These kinds of visuals are not something new and we see them more and more in our daily routine.

Businesses tell stories and provide information on their products, plans, services, innovation or what they believe in. Businesses use infographics and data visualizations to approach their audience in a more fascinating way and make their content exciting and more likely to interact.

Ex. Transforming boring tables or spreadsheets into pleasant and attractive graphics.

Startups spread their ideas and concepts in an attractive and simplified way for their audience.

Organizations and non-profits share data to raise awareness on a matter.

Analysts from all industries use visualizations to show numbers to board members, partners, shareholders, and public.

Teachers and professors can now keep their students awake, presenting them information or telling them a story through fascinating and engaging visuals.

Service providers share their “product” and explain in a fascinating way for the audience.

 

Studies showed that presenting data in this format makes it easier to recover the information in the future.

 

Your story stands out with an infographic or data visualization. Our lives are so fast nowadays and data is everywhere in a vast amount. Is impossible to go through all the information we face during a day.

You should make your story count on this crazy digital world.